The Minnesota House DFL is hiring a Canvass Director for the 2020 cycle to work with candidates and incumbent legislators running for the Minnesota House of Representatives. The Canvass Director will report to the Field Director. Ideal candidates will be highly motivated, creative problem solvers, with campaign related experience, who are passionate about protecting and expanding our DFL majority in the House.
- Hiring and managing a team of canvassers to travel throughout targeted Minnesota Legislative districts;
- Working with candidates and campaigns to track goals and coordinate turf;
- Evaluating canvasser performance including daily feedback, data integrity review, and scheduled performance check-ins;
- Executing a well-rounded and comprehensive daily training program for canvass staff;
- Establishing clear lines of reporting and communication throughout the election cycle;
- Meeting high programmatic voter contact goals and maintaining a high standard of quality voter contact;
- Any other campaign-related tasks, as needed.
- Commitment to DFL values and highly motivated to elect DFL State House candidates.
- At least one cycle of campaign field experience or equivalent organizing experience;
- Understanding of VAN, including turf cutting, list-making and data assessment.
- Strong time-management skills and work ethic;
- Ability to motivate and empower staff and volunteers to reach goals;
- Ability to canvass voters on the phone and knocking on doors;
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability to exercise superb judgement and political savvy.
- Must possess a laptop and a valid driver's license along with access to a reliable car.
- House DFL staff are expected to be team players with an outstanding work ethic.
Compensation: Salary is $4,100 per month with a competitive benefits package that includes health and dental insurance.
To apply: By March 1, 2020, interested candidates should submit a resume, three (3) references, and a one-page cover letter on why it’s important to protect and expand the MN House DFL majority to Sean Herring at [email protected] with subject line “House DFL Canvass Director”. The Minnesota House DFL is an equal-opportunity employer. The House DFL is committed to including groups historically underrepresented due to race/ethnicity, religion, age, gender-identity, sexual orientation, and/or disability. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented and marginalized communities to apply.