The Minnesota House DFL is hiring multiple full-time Field Organizers for the 2020 cycle to work with candidates and incumbent legislators running for the Minnesota House of Representatives. Field Organizers will report directly to the Regional Field Director. The ideal candidates will be highly motivated, creative problem solvers, with campaign related experience, and are passionate about protecting and expanding our DFL majority in the House.
- Implementing all aspects of field program in assigned districts;
- Performing direct voter outreach and leading volunteer door knocks, phone calls, and other outreach events;
- Recruiting and managing a team of volunteers and interns, including daily feedback, weekly check-ins and routine training;
- Working with candidates and campaigns to meet deadlines and achieve field goals;
- Maintaining relationships with all partner organizations on the ground in partnership with house leadership;
- Establishing clear lines of communication between volunteer leaders, candidates, caucus staff, and campaign field staff throughout the election cycle;
- Assisting campaigns and staff in meeting field objectives.
- Any other campaign-related tasks, as needed.
- A commitment to electing DFLers to state government;
- An interest in developing relevant experience on political campaigns;
- Strong time-management skills and work ethic;
- Ability to motivate and empower volunteers to reach goals;
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability to canvass voters on the phone and knocking on doors;
- Ability to exercise superb judgement and political savvy.
- Must possess a laptop and a valid driver's license along with reliable access to a car.
- House DFL staff are expected to be team players with an outstanding work ethic.
Compensation: Salary is $3,000 per month depending on experience with a competitive benefits package that includes health and dental insurance.
To apply: By April 1, 2020, interested candidates should submit a resume, three (3) references, and a one-page cover letter on why it’s important to protect and expand the MN House DFL majority to Sean Herring at [email protected] with subject line “House DFL Regional Field Director”. The Minnesota House DFL is an equal-opportunity employer. The House DFL is committed to including groups historically underrepresented due to race/ethnicity, religion, age, gender-identity, sexual orientation, and/or disability. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented and marginalized communities to apply.