The Minnesota House DFL is hiring multiple full-time Regional Field Directors for the 2020 cycle to work with candidates and incumbent legislators running for the Minnesota House of Representatives. Regional Field Directors will report to the Field Director. Ideal candidates will be highly motivated, creative problem solvers, with campaign-related experience, who are passionate about protecting and expanding our DFL majority in the House.
- Managing all aspects of the Minnesota DFL House field program in an assigned region;
- Hiring, training, and managing regional field organizing staff;
- Representing the Minnesota House DFL and maintaining relationships with partner organizations;
- Establishing a culture of accountability with candidates and the House DFL to ensure effective execution of individual candidate field plans and providing proactive support to help candidates reach field benchmarks.
- Providing regular field reports to the Field Director.
- Assisting campaigns and staff in meeting field objectives.
- Any other campaign related tasks, as needed.
- Commitment to DFL values and highly motivated to elect DFL State House candidates.
- At least one cycle of campaign field experience or equivalent organizing experience;
- Understanding of VAN including turf cutting, list-making and data assessment.
- Strong time-management skills and work ethic;
- Ability to motivate and empower staff and volunteers to reach goals;
- Ability to canvass voters on the phone and knocking on doors;
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability to exercise superb judgement and political savvy.
- Must possess a laptop and a valid driver's license along with access to a reliable car.
- House DFL staff are expected to be team players with an outstanding work ethic.
Compensation: Salary is $4,100 per month with a competitive benefits package that includes health and dental insurance.
To apply: By March 1, 2020, interested candidates should submit a resume, three (3) references, and a one-page cover letter on why it’s important to protect and expand the MN House DFL majority to Sean Herring at [email protected] with subject line “House DFL Regional Field Director”. The Minnesota House DFL is an equal-opportunity employer. The House DFL is committed to including groups historically underrepresented due to race/ethnicity, religion, age, gender-identity, sexual orientation, and/or disability. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented and marginalized communities to apply.